Cambridge Elevating is always looking for talented people looking to contribute to our team. Please feel free to email us your résumé, or innovative employment ideas.
Current open opportunities:
Residential Elevator Installation Technician
We’re looking for a motivated team player to join our team in an exciting and fast-growing industry. Due to exponential growth, those with great attitudes are destined for career advancement if they want it!
What we offer:
We’re a fast-paced manufacturer and installer of residential elevators. No two days will ever be the same with a wide variety of installations in the finest homes being built in Ontario. You’ll be trained on the job with all the skills necessary to become a skilled and valuable mechanic.
- Competitive wages
- Full-time hours projected for 3 years minimum
- Paid training, paid travel to/from site
- Tools supplied, boot & uniform allowances
- Dental care, Disability insurance, Extended health care, Vision care, Life insurance
- RSP matching program
- On-site gym and company events throughout the year
What you bring:
You bring a clear sense of urgency to get the job done without ever sacrificing excellence in the process. You’re aware that the quality of your work is a direct reflection of your character and you take great pride in a job well done. You take personal responsibility for your performance and have a desire to succeed and move up to higher positions in our growing company. Other desired assets would be equivalent trade experience within the (custom) home building industry.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, electrical training a strong asset
A valid Ontario ‘G’ Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract. (a recent copy will be required)
Must be mechanically inclined with construction equipment and power tools
Previous installation of decks/fencing, cabinetry, landscaping experience and/or car mechanics a strong asset
Must be able to work as part of a team with demonstrated interpersonal skills
Occasional overnight travel within Ontario may be required (company paid)
The ability to handle heavy lifting
Experience working at heights including the use of scaffolding (asset, not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
Additional pay: On-call, Overtime & Bonus pay
TOOLS ARE PROVIDED BY CAMBRIDGE ELEVATING
Our production shift is 10 hours a day, Monday to Thursday which gives you a 3 day weekend.
Cambridge Elevating, the premium residential elevator manufacturer is looking to hire a full time employee. Our purpose is to design and build the best residential elevator equipment that allows people to age in place, build houses on a smaller plot of land, live their life with a higher degree of comfort, & overcome accessibility needs.
At Cambridge Elevating we have extremely low employee turnover. Our staff stays with us to build a career in our business.
We are currently hiring to fuel our growth in the following areas:
- Elevator cab production (high demand)
- Mechanical assembly & packing
- Electrical & hydraulic assembly
With Covid in mind, our production floor is almost 26,000 square feet and we have about 20 production staff which means there’s lots of room to keep your distance and stay safe.
Wood working / mechanical / electrical / hydraulic experience is excellent, but we have a high emphasis on work ethic, punctuality, and a good attitude. If you do not have these, please do not submit an application as it won’t lead to a good fit for either of us
We have a high performance team environment here which only works when everyone is pulling their weight and striving to support each other.
At Cambridge Elevating our normal shift is currently 6:30am-5:00pm Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday leading to a 3 day weekend. We’re located at 181 Shearson Cres, Cambridge Ont.
Hourly wage: $17.25-18.50 depending on experience and department. As part of the compensation package for full time permanent employees, we offer benefits (after 3 months) and an RRSP contribution matching plan (after 1 year). Also, there are 2 weeks of vacation that accrue over time served.
Our operations are located at 181 Shearson Cres just behind the ice park on Franklin, in Cambridge. This is in close proximity to the iXpress, 53, 75, & 60 bus routes. At our shop we have additional employee benefits that include a fitness facility on site with showers, and a full kitchen.
Responsibilities and Ideal Qualifications for Cab Production
- Cutting sheet wood, plywood & OSB accurately and quickly
- Assembling elevator cabs
- Cutting metal
- Trim carpentry (after skill progression)
- Small mechanical assembly
- Edge banding sheet wood
- Photographing finished goods
- Must be able to maneuver sheet wood
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication
- Must have mechanical aptitude and experience with hand and power tools
- Must have basic knowledge of carpentry
- Must be able to work in a performance based team
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Must work safely at all times
- Team oriented attitude and dedication
Responsibilities and Ideal Qualifications for Mechanical Assembly & Packing
- Cut metal components accurately on an automatic horizontal band saw
- Non-cosmetic painting
- Assemble small & large mechanical components
- Collect pick lists
- Cut crate materials (lumber & OSB) on a miter saw & panel saw
- Build crates for shipping
- Pack elevators
- Help load trucks
- Monitor inventory
- Able to lift 65lbs
- High attention to details
- Excellent communication
- Experienced with hand & power tools
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Able to work safely with proper PPE at all times
- Positive & team oriented attitude required
- Current fork-lift license an asset
Responsibilities and Ideal Qualifications for Electrical & Hydraulic Assembly
- Cut, strip, fork & ferrule wire for harnessing in systems
- General wiring
- Building controller panels
- Mechanical build of hydraulic pumps
- Running tests on hydraulic pumps
- Building, testing and packing full elevator systems
- Help track inventory to identify parts that need to be ordered
- High emphasis on teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced with hand tools
- High attention to detail
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Must be adaptable to changing job requirements
- Interpreting wiring diagrams is a bonus