Manufacturer’s Limited Product warranty
Your Equipment purchase shall carry a thirty-six (36) month limited warranty on parts only. This warranty is valid for a period of 36 months from the date that the product is installed. Purchase price for product must be paid in full for the manufacturer to repair or release any parts under this warranty.
This warranty applies to the repair or replacement, at the manufacturer’s option, of parts that fail due to defective material or workmanship. Manufacturer may, at its option, provide factory reconditioned parts. This warranty is provided directly by Cambridge Elevating or to the Authorized Cambridge Elevating Dealer on behalf of the final purchaser of the product and is not transferable. The manufacturer’s warranty DOES NOT cover labour charges for the removal, repair or replacement of warranty parts. Labour charges will be billable
at the prevailing labour rates. Such labour costs may be covered for a period of time by purchasing the Manufacturer’s Extended Product Warranty or if available, by the Authorized Dealer’s Warranty, which is provided to purchaser separately.
- This warranty only applies to products installed and maintained by Cambridge Elevating or by an Authorized Cambridge Elevating Dealer in conformance with all applicable local and national codes.
- The warranty is void if regular inspection and maintenance of product is not being carried out by Cambridge Elevating or an Authorized Cambridge Elevating Dealer in accordance with the recommendations contained in the Owner’s Manual. It is the Owner’s responsibility to keep records of all such service.
- This warranty does not apply to the following:
- Consumable items, which include: light bulbs, batteries, oil seals, mechanical switches, guide shoe inserts, drive belts, hydraulic fluids, greases, oils, etc.
- Structural or cosmetic components that are subject to normal wear and tear, external forces and/or misuse. This includes metal panels, glass, plexiglass, mirrors, gates, doors, buttons, switches, trim and any owner supplied parts and accessories.
- Items that require periodic assessment, maintenance and/or replacement. This includes paint, caulking, weather seals, etc.
- Power door operators are only covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty, if any.
- Malfunction or damage to product caused by accident, misuse, abuse or vandalism, lack of proper maintenance, neglect, improper adjustment, modification or alteration, structural condition of building or hoistway, overloading, failure to follow operating instructions, animals, fire, excessive chemicals or acts of God.
For Authorized Cambridge Elevating Dealers only, required warranty parts will be shipped at Cambridge Elevating’s expense by UPS ground. Expedited or air shipment of parts is available at Dealer’s request and expense. Some parts covered under this warranty may be commercially available from a source close to the job site and Cambridge Elevating will reimburse Dealer for the cost to purchase these items provided that approval is obtained from Cambridge Elevating’s Technical Support Department in advance.
This warranty constitutes the entire and express warranty granted by Cambridge Elevating. To the extent the law permits, Cambridge Elevating disclaims any and all liability for direct or indirect damages or losses or for any incidental, special or consequential damages or loss of profits resulting from a defect in material or workmanship relating to the device including the loss of time or use of this device. Correction of defects, in the manner and period of time described herein, constitute complete fulfillment of all obligations and responsibilities of Cambridge Elevating Inc. to the purchaser with respect to the device and shall constitute full satisfaction of all claims, whether based on contract, negligence, strict liability or otherwise.
We’re a manufacturer first, we can’t start the warranty from the date the device is installed, SO many things can happen between delivery and when it gets finished or turned over (e.g. using elevator as materials lift during construction). That is why we provide 36+2 months, allows 2 months for installation.
Also, we provide 3-yrs limited warranty for our hydraulic models (Elmira, Heritage, Cambrian, Journey-LULA), but only 2-yrs for the E50, how best do we show/articulate that?